Preparing Items & Tagging
TAGGING YOUR ITEMS
Super Hearts Tags must be used. We do not accept tags from other local sales.
*Have the following supplies in hand for an efficient tagging experience:
You will need:
- Colored Card Stock Paper
- White Card Stock Paper
- Black ink pen
- Hole punch
- Zip ties (also called ‘cable ties’)
- Quart & gallon size plastic bags (depending on the size of your shoes and loose items.
- Packing tape
- Hangers – metal, plastic, adult or kid sized.
We do not have extra hangers on hand to re-hang the items.
If the clothing is very small, safety pin the item to the outside top of the adult metal hanger or bend the ends of the hanger to allow them to item fit, or insert the hanger through the bottom opening of the item, to ensure the neck does not stretch.
When hanging pants/shorts, pin the item to the top of the hanger, to avoid it sliding and the hanger falling off the rack.
- The spring Sale is for Spring & Summer clothing.
- The fall Sale is for Fall & Winter clothing.
- Crossover clothing can be sold at either sale: including jeans, jean shorts, short or long sleeve t-shirts and pj’s.
It is the Seller’s responsibility not to sell recalled items. You can use the websites below to search for product recalls.
If an item is in question, check the Consumer Protection website for recalls, or Google search the toy, furniture, car seat, etc that is in question to make sure it is not flagged as a recall. Another option is to go directly to the manufacture’s website for a list of recalls. The Consumer Protection Agency requires Resellers (which are the Sellers themselves) not to sell recalled items. For your best interest as a Reseller, please make sure that recalled items are not brought to the sale. Thank you.
PRINTING YOUR TAGS
- Please DO NOT BOLD your barcodes. The Super Hearts scanners do not easily read barcodes printed in BOLD.
- go to www.superheartsconsignment.com
- Click on the ‘My Account’ icon on the left side of the homepage
- Input your Seller # and password (you created the password the first time you registered). If you do not know your Seller #, you can request an email reminder.
- Once in your account, choose ‘Order Barcodes’ on the top left side of the screen
- Enter quantity, price and discount option then submit ~ Continue ordering different price & quantity amount until finished
- Submit the order and then print tags on cardstock
Time Saving Hints:
* You will be asked for quantity & price of tags. Print plenty of each price. Do not consider your individual items when printing, simply print plenty of each price tag and decide on which tag to use when placing on the item.
- You will also be asked if you want the items to be discounted (50%) for the last day. Decide if the majority of items will or will not go half price and print your tags accordingly. Then print another set of tags with the opposite selected (if needed). When tagging your items, it will help to have stacks of price tags for each dollar amount you have chosen to work with, and a separate set of tags to choose from with “FULL PRICE” selected, for any items you do not want discounted. Bottom line: it’s more time efficient to have different tags options printed and at your finger tips when tagging. Avoid, printing a tag for each individual items. This will be too time consuming and not necessary.
- Print on both white cardstock and colored card stock so that you can choose whether or not to give a certain item to charity as you are tagging
- White card stock = give item to charity if unsold
- Colored card stock = I will pick item up if unsold
- Grey, ivory or off-white is always considered WHITE and will be donated.
- Use a ‘true color’ cardstock when tagging items for pick-up if unsold.
An important note about tagging your items correctly:
- Parent volunteers sort each and every unsold item that Sellers tag w/ a color tag
- This process is VERY, VERY labor intensive
- If Sellers price all items with a color tag and then leave a portion for charity, these items were sorted without reason and the volunteers’ time wasted
- Please understand the system and make the right choice to use both white cardstock and color card stock when tagging your items. Only use colored card stock for items that you absolutely must have back if unsold. Please consider donating to those in need by using white card stock.
- Thank you for tagging correctly ensuring that our sorting system is accurate and manageable. Thank you also for respecting the time of our parent volunteers.
- Super Hearts tags must be used.
- CARDSTOCK paper must be used. (Copy paper is too thin and will not be accepted.)
- Card stock is available @ Wal-Mart or office store and prints in your home printer.
- Please do not use red cardstock – computer scanners do not like the red background.
- Please do not use dark cardstock colors that are hard to read text and pricing.
- Neon and pastel cardstock colors work great.
- Seller / Consignor #: your barcode number / how you are paid & tied into our accounting
- Sort #: used to sort all items at the end of the sale. You will pick up the items that are tagged in colored cardstock according to the Sort #.
Place Clothing on Hangers:
- You may use metal or plastic hangers
- Available (free or low cost) @ most dry cleaners, or cheap at goodwill/salvation army
- Safety pen small clothes to the top of adult hangers, or insert hanger through bottom of item
- Face hanger opening to the left (like a question mark)
TAGGING YOUR ITEMS:
Quality & Condition:
- All items must be clean & in good condition
- No holes, stains or missing buttons, etc
- Please only bring items meeting these high standards. Unacceptable items will be pulled from the racks.
1.) Write in the Size:
- Top right corner of tag
- Use numerical sizing (2T, 3T, etc) not S,M,L
2.) Write in Description:
- Center of tag under price
- Important in case tag falls off
- Without a description, tag cannot be matched with item
3.) Hole Punch
- Hole Punch where indicated on your tag
- Not too close to the corner
- Optional: feel free to use hole punch reinforcements on high priced items (Available at office stores and Wal-mart) You may also reinforce with clear packing tape around the hole punch.
4.) Zip Tie: (mandatory)
- Attach tag to button hole, belt loop, zipper or collar tag of item
- Tag MUST be visible from the front torso of the item
- Use safety pens ONLY if there is no place to zip tie (not recommended)
- Zip ties are available in Wal-Mart or Home Depot’s electrical dept.
- Test zip tie for security – must be inserted the right way in order to hold
Sort your clothing by gender and size: You will place your own items on the racks at the sale. It will save time if they are pre-sorted by gender and size. Use a zip tie around the top of the hangers to bundle same sizes together. Remember to take a pair of scissor to the sale to cut the zip ties bundling your groups together.
NON CLOTHING ITEMS:
Write a brief description under the price. If size does not apply, leave top right corner blank.
Securing tags to toys & equipment:
- Use zip ties whenever possible
- If needed, use clear packing tape
- Small Items, Loose Toys & small shoes:
- Place in zip lock bag with tag inside- security close / tape bags
Limitations and Requirements:
- Stuffed Animals: Must be gently used and clean!
- Shoes: Must be Zip tied together or in ziplock bags
- If you are bringing 10+ books for sale, it is mandatory that you bring them in a cardboard box. Boxes will be used to display books for ease in shopping.
- Please place the books in the box with the spines facing up.
- Cut all four of the box sides off so that the box is only deep enough for your tallest book. When shoppers are looking down at the boxes, they should be able to read the titles on the book spines. .
LARGE PLASTIC TOYS:
- Plastic toys: use a sharpie marker and write the following on the bottom of the item: Seller #, Price, Sort #. This process goes for all LARGE plastic toys (too large to display on a table), whether they were used indoor or outdoor by your child.
- Tags these items with a normal price tag as well. The underneath marking is a secondary security.
- Items include bikes, cozy coops, scooters, outside playgrounds, toy boxes, …….ANYTHING PLASTIC that rain will not effect.
- Please note: Super Hearts Staff may move such items outside during the sale. It is the Seller’s responsibility to mark the bottom of LARGE plastic items, even if they are dropped off inside the building.
- This is a mandatory policy protecting Sellers and ensuring they are paid for items.